PAUSE FRONT SQUAT
One Complex = 1 Pausing Front Squat (2 second Pause) + 1 Front Squat (no pause)
On the Minute x 7
Set #1 – 1 Complex @ 50% of 1RM Front Squat
Set #2 – 1 Complex @ 55% of 1RM Front Squat
Set #3 – 1 Complex @ 60% of 1RM Front Squat
Sets #4-7 (4 Sets)
· Build to a heavy complex – but not a max.
· Do keep in mind that this is a deload week, and our goal today is to feel a heavy load with great positioning.
· Focus on an upright torso(not just elbows), and positioning of the weight back over the heel during the pause of the first squat. The first repetition sets the tone for the second.
5 Rounds of:
20/15 Calorie Row
· Picking a weight on the barbell that athletes could complete 20+ repetitions unbroken when completely fresh. If unable to row, complete 20/15 Calorie Assault Bike.
· We are looking for a thruster weight that we can complete for 20-25 repetitions, if we absolutely had to.
· Our first goal in this workout is to push for large sets on the thrusters – unbroken if possible. Breaking up the thrusters brings us to a standstill in the workout, whereas rowing at a slightly slower pace may allow us to eliminate that break on the barbell.
The row needs to be paced in order to preserve that. There is a balance however. The row is not a throwaway… it does count.